I used to spend most of my time here evangelizing about Macromedia Flash, ed searching for the perfect OS X text editor and generally blathering on about the world, the Web, and things I thought were pretty cool at the time. For the past several years, though, I’ve “gone dark” online — sorta.
Truth is, I’ve been more active than ever lately — as a Web and mobile developer, online contributor, new father and bottle washer. I’ve tweeted and evangelized on other subjects (and for other organizations), and overall been pretty happy.
A few updates for those keeping score at home:
- I haven’t touched Flash in years. Turns out I stopped enjoying Flash development at about the same time the rest of the world decided it was the bee’s knees.
- I moved on from jEdit to KomodoEdit, and eventually, to KomodoIDE. I’d always planned to blog heavily about the transition, but it turns out, the love affair was also brief: As of now, my new “best text editor ever” is SublimeText (Still waiting to jump head-first into 3.0, though).
- I toyed with Android development and hated every minute of that infernal hodgepodge that Google is trying to pass off as a viable option. I have some fairly major titles on the Play store, but I feel pain for anybody that has to use them on Android. This is, of course, just my opinion… but that OS is a tremendous pile of crap, and I’d highly recommend that anyone still using it upgrade as soon as possible to iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry or at least a 1997 Nokia handheld.
- I don’t blog much anymore. But that could change. Probably not.
- I tweet a bit but nothing of interest.
- I absolutely love what I do for a living, whatever that happens to be right now.
So thanks for asking.